POW WOW HAWAII 2013 #POWWOWHAWAIIby Graffuturism on Jan 23, 2013 • 5:47 pm
Its that time of the year again. Pow Wow 2013 is upon us and we cant wait to see what takes place this year. Pow Wow Hawaii will take place this February from the 9th-16th. An amazing event put together by founder Jasper Wong, Pow Wow continues to evolve and grow. This is more evident than ever this year year as today’s top contemporary as well as Local artists will be participating. The lineup was just released which I have posted below as well. POW WOW HAWAII 2013 ROSTER VISITING ARTISTS Dabs Myla (Melbourne), Faith47 (South Africa), Dal (China), Scribe (Missouri), Yoskay Yamamoto (Japan), Hannah Stouffer (SF), Andrea Wan (Vancouver), Jeff Soto (LA), Madsteez (LA), Eric Marcinizyn (Delaware), Nychos (Austria), Roid (London), Mare139 (NYC), Suitman (Hong Kong), Wonderlust (Melbourne), Alisa Ross (Missouri), Askew (New Zealand), Shark Toof (LA), Neonski (SF), Apex (SF), Jase (SF), Jim Mahfood (LA), David Flores (LA), 123Klan (Montreal), Flying Fortress (Germany), Jeff Hamada (Vancouver), Meggs (Melbourne), Rone (Melbourne), Phibs (Sydney), Sam Rodriguez (San Jose), Trek6 (Miami), Poesia (San Jose), Erik Otto (SF), Peap Tarr (Cambodia), Lisa Mam (Cambodia), Orly Locquiao (San Jose), Mark Bode (SF) & LOCAL ARTISTS Prime, Estria, Slick, Katch, Ckaweeks, Ekundayo, Beak, Bam, Solomon Enos, Angry Woebots, Lucky Olelo, Shry,Justin Park, Soker, Eukarezt, Hannasaurus Rex, Michelle Schwengala, Ian Kuali’i, Remi Mead, Kris Goto.
Now that is a lineup and we are glad to also be involved with such a quality event and organization such as Pow Pow Hawaii. We will be a media partner leading up to and during the event providing you with updates and unique content. We strongly suggest visiting Hawaii during Pow Wow to witness some of the best artists in the world get together and Pow Wow. We expect big things from this years event and cant wait to get there. Make sure to Check and use the Hashtag #powwowhawaii on any social media. Instagram and Twitter udpates. Also visit Pow Wow Website for Updates.
OW WOW HAWAII IS A GATHERING OF CONTEMPORARY ART- ISTS THAT ENGAGES WITH THE BROADER COMMUNITY IN THE PROCESS AND CREATION OF ART.
From February 9 to 16, 2013, Honolulu will host over 100 international and local artists. A slew of satellite events and educational intiatives will be held around Kaka’ako and at the University of Hawaii. It is an annual) week-long arts festival that celebrates the on-going (year-round) process of creating art, culture and community based on the values of creativity, collaboration, and contribution.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 6-10PM:
• Opening Group Show @ Loft in Space x Fresh Cafe. Featuring gallery pieces by all the POW WOW Artists, students of the 808 Urban and POW WOW Hawaii street art workshops.
• Opening of the POW WOW Pop-Up Shop @ Fresh Cafe.
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 11 to SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 16:
• Mural painting in Kaka’ako by all the POW WOW artists. • POW WOW Pop-up Shop @ Fresh Cafe open from 11am-6pm daily.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 6-8PM:
• POW WOW Panel Discussions @ University of Hawai’i at Maˉnoa Art Department Auditorium.
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 7-11PM:
• Chaz Bojorquez and OG Slick art installation exhibition @ M Nightclub.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 6-10PM:
• POW WOW Finale @ Lana Lane Studios: POW WOW Finale featuring live art by all the POW WOW artists, drinks, DJs Anton Glamb, Compose, Christian Mochuzuki/Graves and live music. All ages, no cover. “Black Out” piece at 10pm.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 10PM-2AM
• POW WOW Afterparty @ The Republik featured band (TBA).
For more information on POW WOW Hawaii visit www.powwowhawaii.com